The ASEF aims to:
- Identify, champion and support outstanding projects that will create positive and enduring social change.
- Provide social entrepreneurs with world class leadership training, professional skills exchange, mentoring and internships to enable them and their projects to succeed.
- Highlight African talent in non-oil related industries which have high growth potential and which demonstrate sustainable business models.
ASEF Programme 2016/17
The African Social Enterprise Fund (ASEF) is a charitable initiative that supports outstanding African entrepreneurs to become socially minded entrepreneurs. The ASEF is Prospero World’s (UK registered charity number 1163952) long-lasting philanthropic opportunity to enable, create and pioneer positive social change through the Arts and creative industries.
Each year, Awards are given to empower and enable, African entrepreneurs to become mindful of positive social impact. Awards include a tailormade Social Impact programme, world-class leadership training in the UK and Europe, mentoring, networking opportunities and internships driven by social and environmental concerns. The aim of the Fund is to empower and enable entrepreneurs to build their businesses whilst embracing people and planet.
This year, the ASEF will support Nigerian entrepreneurs working in the fields of fashion and music. Further categories will be launched in 2017 in partnership with the British Council’s “Entrepreneurial Africa” initiative.
If you are interested in pioneering a new ASEF category please contact us: Agata.email@example.com
Please help us to support more outstanding entrepreneurs by making a tax efficient donation and attaching the reference ASEF at Virgin Money Giving .
- £100 could support a mentoring session for an outstanding social entrepreneur
- £250 could enable a social entrepreneur to attend conferences and networking events in London
- £500 could provide personal leadership coaching for 6 weeks
- £1,000 could support the living costs of the award winner to attend the leadership programme in Italy
- £5,000 could fund the social impact programme for another outstanding entrepreneur.